Wednesday, September 17, 2008

People actually like this crap?

I think the Lord has been poking me lately to reanimate this near-defunct little Web log, and He has lately had to resort to some very strange measures to get my attention... And He's got it.
Last night I came home from Bible study to find an e-mail in my inbox from a Messianic Jewish pastor on the east coast, commenting on this post from last year.  He said he'd been studying the title Scripture for a sermon he was writing for a student of his in Ghana, and stumbled across my blog on Google. He said it was rare to find so young a person with such strong convictions, and that he'd felt led by the Holy Spirit to let me know that I was on the right track. I can't tell you how much this e-mail blessed me; I felt as though I'd been stuck with a blessing grenade in the heart by the Lord Himself! (Apologies for the "Halo" reference; I'm kind of a nerd that way... (-_-;) )
So, tonight, I get a text message from Facebook saying some person I don't know has sent me a message. I come upstairs about 2300 hours, open up the message, and I get another tac-nuke of a blessing: he'd googled the same Scripture, John 13:35, and says he's sorry for the bad experiences I'd had, he's gone through the same sort of thing, and wanted to let me know that there were people out there who care. If it weren't for my parents sleeping in the next room, I would've burst into laughter at the amazing grace of God to a wretch like me!
I am just astonished at the glory of our King, that with all of the universe to look after, He would sent these two messengers to minister to me in just the way that I needed (though before I knew it not), and at the same time, remind me of how far I've come these last 16 months. Why on Earth would He bother with me? It boggles the mind.
Baruch hashem, our Lord is good!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Erin,
    Abba YHVH loves you so much. Just as he chose a donkey to speak the truth, so he chose to random servants of YHVH to send a truth to you. You are worth everything to Him, so much that before you ever were Yeshua, chose to die for you.
    I know that it was by direction that YHVH led to to your year old post and even though I have only seen your picture, I can see beyond it and there is so much good in you and I also see the hurt.
    We all go through things in our lives and sometimes it takes a lifetime to understand why. In your case, the things you have gone through and come out the other side, without the smell of smoke, without the burns will enable you to help people who have had similiar experiences. You will help because you know in your inner most being that it was YHVH that got you through it. This is what you will share and because you have had the pain, you can truly empathize with those people. That is when they will see Yeshua in you and His ahava and power will flow from you to them as the living water, from which you will never thirst again, and neither will they. What a blessing you are just waiting to happen.
    Don't let the cares of daily life cloud your spiritual eyes and ears. If you are consistently listening for the still small voice, you will know when what has been placed in you will be a blessing to another. You can look at yourself in the mirror and smile, because you are you and there is no one else like you. You are fearfully and wonderfully made by YHVH with the greatest of care, unique, a blessing just waiting to happen.
    Smile and your light shines, it cannot be denied. Beware of those that will misinterpet your smile, for the enemy knows you are a blessing. Hide YHVH's Word in your heart and you will defeat the enemy the same as Yeshua did. IT IS WRITTEN!
    Be'ahava,
    Pastor Michael

    ReplyDelete