Sunday, April 05, 2009

Ironically, I'm sorta speechless

I am completely shocked that this is my art. I learned this wet-on-wet oil technique from watching The Best of the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross on TV, and used his basic starter set an extra tube of paint and a few different brushes on a cheap canvas from Michaels while watching Les Miserables with Dad tonight. Within the first few brushstrokes I was sure I'd already ruined it, and this feeling prevailed throughout much of the process, right on up till the end, even up to signing it (that took a few tries, and I'm still not thrilled about that part). I still have a hard time believing that the wet oil painting on my kitchen counter is mine.
Come to think of it, though, Zach's right: the pine tree in the foreground does have a pretty crooked trunk. (^_^;)
Note: the snow is much pinker in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment