Friday, November 10, 2006

Figures.

None of my yarn sold. My four skeins priced at $18 ($24 Buy-It-Now) did not sell. I relisted them with the price I'd originally intended for them, $10.50 ($12.50 Buy-It-Now), and they'll be up again until next Friday around 1:30 pm PST. Needless to say, I'm a little bumed out by the whole thing, but hey, that's the breaks, right? Not everybody is wildly successful their first try. They'll sell this time for sure.
These are the things I tell myself to keep from breaking down and deciding that this whole yarn thing just isn't for me.
Then, I bring up the Dashboard and see my countdown-to-Christmas widget reads 44 days, 10 hours, some odd minutes and seconds left until Christmas and determination rekindles hope: I have presents to buy, some of which will need knitting before presenting.
This yarn has to sell.
In the meantime, there's a cute jumperdress in Vogue Knitting that's caught my eye that requires just exactly (maybe even a little less, since I'm planning on making it a good six inches shorter?) the amount of yarn that I have left undyed and at my disposal...
No. Must... keep... focus... Yarn... for... selling...
Then again, I might get better results with a fingering weight sock yarn, or maybe a laceweight...
Darn cheapskates. Now they got the darn hamster running again...

No comments:

Post a Comment